Saturday, July 28, 2012

{ Acceptance - Is It Really That Easy }

I keep thinking that acceptance of myself will come "when I lose the weight." But don't I have to love myself now, accept myself now, just as I am in order to be successful?  I need to really SEE myself as I am right now and figure out a way to love my body as it is in all it's imperfect glory. Is that even possible?
The words that instinctively come to my mind are not so accepting however...."I'm not pretty enough, I'm not skinny enough, I'm not fit enough, I'm not lovable enough"...you get the drift.  I treat other people with the utmost respect and love.  Shouldn't I treat myself with the same kindness?


So, my work for this minute, this day, this week is to not just think about accepting myself as I am right now, but to JUST DO IT.  Will it be easy?  Probably not.  Am I worth it?  Absolutely.
Until next time, friends,  

Lolly

No comments:

Post a Comment