Sunday, November 11, 2012

{ I Won a Vegan Cookbook! }

I am so excited!  I never win anything but last week I won a GREAT cookbook through a blog contest at emmycooks.com.  I got to win my choice of one of Isa Chandra Moskowitz's cookbooks.  Since I am on a quest to lose LOTS of weight on a vegan diet, I chose Appetite for Reduction, a cookbook of 125 fast and filling low-fat vegan recipes.
While I just got it this weekend, and haven't had a chance to make anything from it yet, I have taken the time to peruse it (yes, I read cookbooks!) and have already marked it up for recipes I want to make.  For instance, Cajun Beanballs and Spaghetti (page 190), Bistro Brocolli Chowder (page 204), and oh so many more!  Yummy deliciousness!

Page 103

Page 191

What I love about Isa Chandra Moskowitz is the way she formats her cookbooks and her recipes.  They are filled with humor and seem super easy to follow with everyday ingredients.  She also has tips and notes throughout the book which I think are great!

Each recipe serving has only 200-400 calories per serving and all are plant-based and packed with nutrients.  Nothing boring or bland in this book, that's for sure!

I am thrilled to have added this book to my kitchen shelves!  Thanks, Emmy!

And if you haven't yet visited Emmy's blog, head on over immediately to check her out.  She is not vegan, but many of her recipes are and her photos of the food she prepares will make your mouth water!  


Until next time friends, 

Lolly


No comments:

Post a Comment