Friday, July 27, 2012

{ Clean Out the Fridge Crockpot Soup }

I am linking up with the new blog hop, Healthy Vegan Fridays put on by Carrie on Vegan, Everyday Vegan Girl and Veggie Nook. The intent with this blog party that will take place each Friday is to showcase wholesome, health conscious plant-based foods that are all vegan! Yay!  
It's 100 degrees outside these last few days (weeks really) so I definitely have not felt like standing over the stove, cooking myself, but I am trying to use the food I have in my pantry/fridge, so what better to do than to pull out the crock pot and make a soup.  Seriously, is there anything better than a one-pot meal?  The house smells wonderful and at the end of day I have dinner for tonight and lunches for this week. :) Let's just call this *Clean out the Fridge Crockpot Soup*.
It includes onion, cabbage, tomatoes, peas, corn, chick peas, carrots, vegetable stock, and whatever spices you have on hand. This time I used oregano.  It is a yummy soup that made lots of individual portions - I like to package the individual portions right away since it's just me in the house.

Until next time, friends,  
Lolly

1 comment:

  1. I love throwing everything in a crock pot for a simple, one pot meal. I did this the other night, but it was more like, "I have a lot of weird random stuff in the fridge...let's see what I can do if I combine it all!" It turned out great though!

    Thanks for linking up to our first HVF!

    ReplyDelete