Inside Your Home
1. Do you live in an apartment/condo, townhouse or house? I own a cute little townhouse and I love it!
|Part of my house - I love the red brick and siding and |
the random greenery I have planted over the years as well as
the huge tree that is over 30 years old and towers over the house!
2. What is your home’s coolest feature? I like a lot about my home, but I love that there is a big kitchen! I definitely want to update some things in it, but I love the size!
3. Do you enjoy DIY projects? If so, what are you working on now? I kind of do and kind of don't if that makes any sense? I tend to start and then get involved in something else so I am sorry to say I have a lot of unfinished projects. One project I am anxious to get done this fall is my stairs. A long time ago, I pulled up the carpeting on the stairs with the intent of painting the stairs and possibly even using some vintage wallpaper on the back boards of the stairs. Something like this:
|Love this idea from www.karlascottage.com. She is so creative!|
4. When using the dishwasher do you use powder detergent or liquid? Sadly, my dishwasher has been broken for almost a year, so I am the dishwasher and just use dish soap that is gentle on my hands!
5. Do you have a TV in your bedroom? Hi, my name is Lolly and I am a TV addict, so I will admit here that I have a TV in almost every room in the house except the kitchen (and I eventually want one in there, too!).
|My cat, Zeke, loves the tv, too. He thinks he's a tiny kitten.|
6. Is your range gas or electric? Electric. No gas in this house (okay, that made me giggle - yes, I am immature at times!). I love my stove, but I don't really like the smooth surface. It also looks messy and stays hot for so long that it is dangerous for the kitties.
|My stove - and my wonderful purple cast iron |
skillet and stock pot.
7. How often do you sweep/mop/vacuum? As needed for both which is a lot because I have multiple cats and two puppies. You can imagine the pet hair that is always floating around.
|A gratuitous picture of one of my adorable puppies, Suzanne. |
She loves to help me with paperwork!
8. What is your favorite place to shop for home furniture and accents? I love flea markets and yard sales if you want to know the truth! (and if I'm honest, I've even pulled things from the trash and refurbished them). If I had to shop at a brick and mortar store, I would say Home Goods is the place to go.
9. Do you decorate for holidays? I do, but I can only use cat-friendly Christmas decorations - in other words, no Christmas tree when cats are around. They just can't control themselves! Here are some of my cat-friendly decorations:
|I found these adorable christmas cat cards and put them in |
frames to decorate for the holidays!
|A pinecone Christmas tree that the cats leave alone, |
so this is what I call my Christmas tree!
10. If you could have HGTV come in and redo one room in your home which room would you choose? My kitchen for sure, but I would want it "shabby chic-afied" but with all new appliances and french doors instead of a sliding glass door to the backyard. I love this idea below......seriously this is my dream kitchen. Multiple chandeliers in a kitchen.....spectacular!
Okay, now I am off to *meet* some other bloggers through Friend Makin' Monday.
Until next time, friends,
Until next time, friends,