Friday, August 17, 2012

{ Mediterranean Crockpot Stew }

I am trying must be frugal in this time of my life. So I was so blessed this week when I received some eggplant, squash and tomatoes. They were very ripe and needed to be used right away, so I put together a Mediterranean Crockpot Stew - healthy and bountiful!  Yummy!

Aren't crockpots wonderful?  Throw it in and be done with it. LOVE.
The final product turned out amazing and it made 7 wonderful meals that I stuck in the freezer for the next week or two.  I can eat it plain or add a little rice or couscous.

Here's the easy, easy recipe:

MEDITERRANEAN CROCKPOT STEW


2 cups eggplant, peeled and cubed

several yellow squash, cubed
1 onion, chopped
small can tomato sauce
tomatoes, diced (or you could use canned dice tomatoes)
1 cup vegetable broth (more or less)
2 cups chickpeas
garlic to taste
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon


Cook on low for 8 hours.  The smells are DIVINE!!


And because it makes me happy, I am throwing in this cute picture of my Baby Spike.  Looks uncomfortable to me, but he slept this way for hours.  


Until next time, friends, 

Lolly












1 comment:

  1. I love the simple ingredients list- such a great thing to throw on in the morning and come back to for a hearty meal :)

    Thanks for sharing this on HVF!

    ReplyDelete