Saturday, September 15, 2012

{ The Magic }

This summer, my mom and I worked through the book, The Magic by Rhonda Byrne.  

The blurb on Amazon reads like this:  One word changes everything. For more than twenty centuries, words within a sacred text have mystified, confused, and been misunderstood by almost all who read them. Only a very few people through history have realized that the words are a riddle, and that once you solve the riddle—once you uncover the mystery—a new world will appear before your eyes.
In The Magic, Rhonda Byrne reveals this life-changing knowledge to the world. Then, on an incredible 28-day journey, she teaches you how to apply this knowledge in your everyday life.  
No matter who you are, no matter where you are, no matter what your current circumstances, The Magic is going to change your entire life!  
Mom and I did the whole 28-day program and found it to be very powerful.  We would call each other each day and work the program together.  One of the key components is that we must be GRATEFUL each day for everything we have both big and small.

Each morning upon waking, write down TEN blessings you are grateful for and the reason why.  It should look something like this:

ex:  I'm truly blessed to have _______________________, because _______________________.

ex:  I am so happy and grateful for _______________________, because _______________________.

ex:  I am truly grateful for _______________________, because _______________________.

Once you have written your ten each morning, you must say the magic words three times:

THANK YOU UNIVERSE (or God or Spirit or...)
THANK YOU UNIVERSE
THANK YOU UNIVERSE

Sometimes it is super easy to come up with 10 and beyond and other days you may struggle to find three.....but come up with 10 each day we did. There is nothing that is too profound to be grateful for and nothing too small to be grateful for.  One day I was simply thankful for lounge wear because it is so comfy and I was thankful for Mitchum deodorant because it is always good to smell nice.  HaHa!  Trivial perhaps, but it was important that day. :)

I cannot recommend this book and the 28-day program enough.  Mom and I felt so great when we were doing it, that we continue with our ten blessings each day still.
Mom and I last year at the beach.  I am so GRATEFUL that she
is not only my amazing mother but my very best friend.

Until next time, friends, 

Lolly

No comments:

Post a Comment